OUR GREATEST STRENGTH IS YOU, OUR MEMBERSHIP!
Membership is open to anyone interested in choral music. Choral Canada’s members include conductors, composers, arrangers, students, choral administrators, accompanists, music educators, choristers, professional choirs, industry partners, universities, and more. Your membership supports Choral Canada’s many programs and services, helps keep Canada singing!
CHORAL CANADA is…
- the national voice and forum for Canadian choral music and musicians
- your national advocate for choral music and the Canadian choral community
- a national resource for professional development and employment opportunities
- your national communication link within the Canadian choral community
- your liaison with other national and international music organizations
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Choral Canada administers important national programs and services, which your membership supports.
- National Youth Choir
- Podium, the national biennial conference that focuses on professional development, resource dissemination and performance opportunities (May 18-22, 2016 in Edmonton, AB)
- National Competition for Canadian Amateur Choirs (2017)
- Competition for Choral Writing (2016)
- Anacrusis, the national Canadian choral journal
- National Youth Choir Conducting Apprenticeship program
- National Choral Awards
- Recommended Canadian Choral Repertoire Series (soon to be available for our members online!)
ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP FEES (CDN $)
See membership benefits chart below!
INDIVIDUAL (ie. conductor, composer, singer, any individual!): $100
EDUCATIONAL & LIBRARY INSTITUTIONS: $100
*NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (ie. advocacy, festival, etc.): $100 (*see “Important” note below)
*PROFESSIONAL / NATIONAL CHOIR: $100 (*see “Important” note below)
STUDENT (FULL TIME): $35 (recently reduced!)
INDUSTRY / FOR-PROFIT CORPORATIONS: (ie. publisher, tour company, etc.) $175
*Important: Membership for non-professional choirs is processed through your Provincial Choral Organization (PCO). By being a member of your PCO, you automatically become an Affiliate Member (non-voting, but still have access to our programs and services) of Choral Canada. Please contact them for more information.
HOW TO APPLY OR RENEW
Membership is annual. It runs October 1st to September 30th. Membership begins upon receipt of payment.
ONLINE Application / Renewal: To become a member or renew your membership ONLINE, you may use our: Online Membership Application/Renewal form.
MAIL Application / Renewal: If you would prefer to send in your membership form and payment by MAIL, print the: Choral Canada Membership Application Renewal Form and send it along with a cheque made payable to Choral Canada, to the address below.
Choral Canada, 500 – 59 Adelaide Street East, Toronto, ON M5C 1K6 Canada
Need help? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Call 647-606-2467 or e-mail: [email protected]